State: Alberta Product: Geek Squad Desktop Computer Repair Clear all filters (1 of 8 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Geek Squad in Sherwood Park, Alberta - Should have looked here first

I took my desktop in and paid $200 up front for them to fix/find the problem. They told me it would be ready in about a week. Went back 9 days later they told me it was not ready. I asked when would it be ready -they said its at The Depot -so they don't know when it would be ready. I told them they can keep the $200, I just want the machine back and I would pick it up. Where is The Depot? Told its in BC - that 1000miles from here. (So this machine was going to be trucked 1000 miles one way, analysed/fixed, and then trucked 1000 miles back -all in about a week. That has to be a blatant lie). Ended up at customer service and told them I just wanted my machine back. They were on their system for 5/10 minutes and came back to me. I asked when I would get my machine back. They said they don't know. I can't wait. Using my old machine right now but will have to fork out about $1,000 for a new one. I guess $500 is upgrade and $500 represent the replacement cost of old machine. Simply lying to me about fixing the machine in a week or so and then telling me they have no idea when I will get it back, even though I told them they can keep the $200 and I JUST WANT THE MACHINE BACK is next to useless. The one thing I got right was to ignore the guys suggestion that I sign up for their $20 a month service plan. It's an Acer Aspire machine. No id on the work sheet. My customer service 4 part key is 0951 054 0119 091916is on the receipt for the $200
Review