Geek Squad - Best Buy Goon squad bill $667 for fix on/off switch without prior authorization!
putting out the word about Best Bully /Goon Squad all over the internet!Twitter, Face book, Consumer report, FTC, BBB, on and on!
Bought a computer from Best Buy for $450. 18 mo later the "on off button" not working. Took to Geek Squad, have IN WRITING estimated repair of $106. Seemed steep for the button but agreed to the price in JULY 2011,6 weeks later got a CALL from the GoonSquad to come pick up the computer for$667 bill!
I said..."you must have the wrong computer, my estimate was $106 can I get a fax or email with the... repair itemization?" GoonSquad: "no, you have to pay the bill first and then you can get the invoice/itemization."I say WT HECK? that is unethical! I have spoken to numerous Best Bully and Goon Squad reps, and no one will honor my contract, showing $106.
THEY SAY that they have agreement for repairs at $667. I ask for proof, anything in writing? NOPE. anything on voice recording?
NOPE. just the goon squad notes in their computer saying someone in my family agreed to the $667 charges....do NOT trust them or pay for their rotten service. Our family will NEVER buy anything from Best Bully or Goon Squad again!
BTW they sent me a letter stating we abandoned the item and have 30 days to pay up or lose it!GoonSquad!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Computer Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " My name is Bernard J. Cameron. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. My telephone # is 404-861-2170. After 6 months of telephone calls where I have been on hold for scores of..."
- "I ordered an ASUS GTX660ti graphics card from Newegg, after using it I became dissatisfied with it's performance. I returned the graphics card in working and in the same condition..."
- "My lonova all in one sc540 stopped working only having it for approx. three years and with a limited amount of use. We purchased it from best, so we trusted..."
- "I ordered three heavy ceramic mugs, Fiesta Ware, and all three arrived shattered. They were packed SO poorly with very tiny and sparse bubble wrap that how they arrived was..."
- "So tonight I went to McDonald's through the drive thru in Fresno, CA on West Shield/Clinton. I purchased a #1 Big Mac meal for my 11 years old son..."
- "In July we received a bill from PG&E for our True Up Bill for $1095.16 for the complete years usage. This came as surprise to us that we owed PG&E,..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."