Geek Squad - Best Buy Goon squad bill $667 for fix on/off switch without prior authorization!
putting out the word about Best Bully /Goon Squad all over the internet!Twitter, Face book, Consumer report, FTC, BBB, on and on!
Bought a computer from Best Buy for $450. 18 mo later the "on off button" not working. Took to Geek Squad, have IN WRITING estimated repair of $106. Seemed steep for the button but agreed to the price in JULY 2011,6 weeks later got a CALL from the GoonSquad to come pick up the computer for$667 bill!
I said..."you must have the wrong computer, my estimate was $106 can I get a fax or email with the... repair itemization?" GoonSquad: "no, you have to pay the bill first and then you can get the invoice/itemization."I say WT HECK? that is unethical! I have spoken to numerous Best Bully and Goon Squad reps, and no one will honor my contract, showing $106.
THEY SAY that they have agreement for repairs at $667. I ask for proof, anything in writing? NOPE. anything on voice recording?
NOPE. just the goon squad notes in their computer saying someone in my family agreed to the $667 charges....do NOT trust them or pay for their rotten service. Our family will NEVER buy anything from Best Bully or Goon Squad again!
BTW they sent me a letter stating we abandoned the item and have 30 days to pay up or lose it!GoonSquad!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Computer Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "Matt Gulla was on Ted's team for 90 days, then got his very own department (Customer Advocacy). With a resume like this he was clearly the one for the job......"
- "I shipped my Lenovo laptop through geek squad at local Best Buy store in Amherst, NY on 22nd of June 2016. I was getting online updates about the repair status..."
- "I am an exede customer in California, in a rural location. Exede has been the worst experience i have ever had in life, trumping the DMV. My service was always..."
- "So tonight I went to McDonald's through the drive thru in Fresno, CA on West Shield/Clinton. I purchased a #1 Big Mac meal for my 11 years old son..."
- "I have a lemon. Kitchenaid fridge 2 1/2 years old now completely worthless. And out of warranty I trusted they could fix. It is not fixable. They..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "I have been working for IDC as a high-tech recruiter. IDC is filled with new and latest technology and I learned many new strategies and techniques while working for IDC...."
- "I have been paying for 10 years and now they stopped taking my payments all of a sudden,,,, no one knows why, they brought my fico from 748 down to..."