State: California City: San Francisco Product: Geek Squad Desktop Computer Repair Clear all filters (1 of 8 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Horribe geek squad!

Dealing with Geek Squad has been an absolute nightmare!! And judging by the hundreds of other reviews here, im guessing most of you feel the same way. As a business owner, and computer user, I rely on technology. I hired geek squad to fix a start up virus issue. The computer would pop up virus warnings telling me to call a bogus phone number. The phone number, when called, would be answered by an overseas person trying to get my credit card number. I almost gave it to them too. I took the machine to geek squad to have it removed. $300 later and 3 days later I had the computer back. EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!!! All my pictures, all my documents, EVERYTHING!!!! When I called them, they said that they had to replace the hard drive because the virus was so bad. I demanded to speak to a manager and told them I wanted my old hard drive back with all my stuff on it. I started calling friends for some suggestions and luckily was referred to safepcfix (guaranteed too,) which is an online computer repair company. After speaking with their technician I was able to get ALL OF MY data back off the old hard drive and get the virus removed. They helped me navigate the BS with geek squad so that I could get my money refunded back to me and return the new hard drive that I didnt need. Geek squad lied to me blatantly stating that I needed a new hard drive. I found a better company that was able to not only get my "lost data" back, but they were able to get me a refund from the Geek Squad. Please do NOT hire the geek squad to work on your computer. It will only cause you problems and money that you dont need to spend. The tech guy at safepcfix.com was more reasonable of a cost as well and helped get it up and running.
Review