Bought a Geek squad warranty on a fridge freezer we bought last year. Still 2 years left on the warranty.

Last week the fridge stopped working.

Was on hold on the 1800 for 3 hours to schedule an in-home service. Finally got an appointment. No follow up from Geek squad.

Tried to follow up on repairs (parts had to be ordered according to repair man). Followed up with geek squad and the y had no idea what needed to be done and asked me if I had ordered the part.

After 20 minutes on hold they disconnected the call. Contacted the company they subcontracted and was told they are waiting for one part and no ETA on delivery of the part. In the meantime threw away a bunch of food since we have been without a functioning fridge/freezer.

I am an elite member (whatever that means). I don't think its worth buying things from Best Buy, especially the geek squad warranty because at the end of the day you still have to go through the same hassle to get things fixed, whether you have a warranty or not.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Geek Squad Cons: Phone customer service.

Comments