Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a home theater receiver in Sept-2017, along with a 2-yr Home Component GSP. After using the stereo, we have 2-issues: 1) the volume and mute start toggling and require the unit to be powered-off to reset, and; 2) the USB drops the iPod after a few songs.

I went back to the store over 2017 Thanksgiving (couple months later). Talking with the Geek Squad at the store and over the phone, an in-home repair is NOT part of the plan as I was originally told and purchased. The salesperson told me everything would be done. WRONG!!!

Its not. God-da$n ***! Who the *** are you, Best Buy, to allow such practices to occur? To have anything done by the screwed-up Geek Squad, I have to bring the receiver into the store, leave it for 10-days, and hope it gets repaired.

If it doesn’t get repaired, I get reimbursed only the damn money spent on the receiver, not the f’d-up Plan. Damn-it, those plans are only 1-time shots for a free repair, not a 2-year coverage for in-home repair and/or replacement. No receiver for 10-days and no guarantee the unit can be repaired. Ah, stupid me.

I forgot WHY I don’t shop at Best Buy. CUZ THEY RIP YOU OFF!!! I’ve had no issues, over the years, with Amazon and other online retailers. This event is just another scenario as-to why I don’t shop at screwed-up places like Best Buy.

So, I’m stuck with a faulty machine, Best Buy does NOT give a rip, and I have to go find a new receiver.

Best Buy, the sooner you file Chapter 11 and fold, the better. The public won’t have to put-up with you shi$$y practices.

Review about: Geek Squad Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being lied-to about the protection plan.

Comments