For $150 the geek squad at Best Buy did absolutely NOTHING to reduce the slowdown problem I have with my computer, AND after promising they would not delete anything without asking, they permanently trashed a folder full of stuff I wanted.

They ran a full suite of software to clean up the registry and remove unneeded files, but it did not make the slightest difference to my problem. This is not a subjective off-the-cuff "feeling" it is a statement based on two complex processes I run, one I/O bound, one CPU bound. Neither one of them ran even one second faster after their "tuneup"

Lucky for me, I had a CD backup of my files, but these people are not just incompetent, they are malicious !

Their service is useless.

Comments

It's not cheap to be a dummy and own an expensive/complex electronic system. Be grateful that they exist at all to help you lesser beings.

I can see right now that many of these Geek Squad associates are narcissitic azzholes setting up trumped up charges to make money and take advantage of consumers! I hope that they get shut down soon.

My mom purchased a computer a month ago and the administrator password mysteriously does not work anylonger! She will have to pay $29 to have it recovered. I think that they did something to make the password that she setup inactive so that she would be forced to come back to them and pay more money!

I dont like the thought of them having that kind of control over her computer. Shouldn't the computer (brandnew) come with a recovery disk?

slowdown problem? what the f is that?

Sounds like your computer is just a pile of hillbilly junk. Add more RAM, maybe a new cpu.. $150 to clean up the registry?

Wow maybe I should work of the geeksquad. That is awesome.