I brought my OLD hard drive to the geek squad in Hutchinson, Mn Best Buy. I bought a new hard drive and asked the geek squad to transfer all the records from my OLD hard drive to the new one.

When they called to tell me that the work was finished I went to pick it up. The Agent working that day showed us that the records were transferred never opened any of the records to show me that they would open. When I got home NONE of the old records would open for me. I called the geek squad and told them this and they said the only way I could get it repaired or they would check if they could fix it I refused they had my computer from the time I brought it in to the time they called to say the work I requested was done was over a week.

I am requesting that they cost they charged me to do the work be refunded to me ASAP. I work also like this to be forwarded to the head of the customer service so they are aware of the poor service they are giving the customer.

Joan Lehrke

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Technical Support.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Terrible - not worried about time and service given to me, Useless and a rip off service.

Comments

Programs can not be copied (unless drive is imaged, hardware failures prevent this) plus they are copyright protected and must be installed from source. Only files that are exclusively your (created or legally downloaded) can be transferred.

What the guy below said. They did what they were asked “transfer files.”

Data transfers don't include programs that opened your old files. If you had something specific to open that program you need to reinstall it.

This isn't even a geek squad issue, this is just common computer stuff. Programs are installed specifically to the computer they are on, they can't just be moved to a new one or they won't work.