Called the 1-800 number to cancel my membership. Not only were the menu options confusing and not clear as to which option to choose, I finally got a hold of someone (who was extremely quiet) which then transferred my to another person (Again extremely quiet).

The assistant was extremely quiet but friendly at first until I mentioned I wanted to cancel my membership. The tone completely changed, was extremely rude to me and would keep me on hold for 10 minutes at a time when "reviewing my account". Finally after I cancelled it, she tried to bring me back in saying I had an antivirus with the membership and I needed to put one on MY laptop in 1-2 days. I said my university provided such antivirus and I do not need their antivirus, nor was I informed that there was an antivirus on my computer to begin with.

I then asked if I would be charged the following month for the services, she said all service and billing stops now and hung up abruptly. Extremely rude customer service and never buying from Best Buy or registering for GeekSquad ever again.

Complete waste of money, time and effort. You are better off going to a local computer shop, not only will they treat you better but will actually try to help you and not try to sell the most expensive computer and plan to make commission.

Review about: Geek Squad Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Thanks for the post......it was very helpful. Keep updating the more blogs.