I recently bought a brand new laptop from Best Buy. About a week after I took it home, the screen started having issues, it would go completely static for no reason. I took it back and got a new machine. Then, THAT brand new machine started shutting down up to 10 times a day, even after I took great care of it. I took it back, they said since I can no longer replace it for a new machine they would fix it for free, as I was still on the warranty.
Weeks went by and I called about the status. Turns out they couldn't fix it and sent it to ANOTHER Geek Squad. Another week passes and they call me...telling me that there's a SOUND problem that costs 200$ to fix!! "Oh, but we replaced your keyboard!" Woo-hoo, you replaced my keyboard on a NEW machine! I took the computer back, which had no sound, and got the sound back with my uncle's help, who works with computers. The keyboard is new but is sticking up on the side with the paint around the edges chipped from where they dug into it.
NEVER let Geek Squad touch your computer, ever! Not only will they damage your machine, they will charge YOU, even if its a brand new machine. Don't make the same mistake I did.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Laptop Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "@bestbuycanada Extremely disappointed with #BestBuyCanada #GeekSquadCanada. Took 1 hour on phone with rep. to make a claim for replacement phone who still listed wrong address. UPS called to confirm address..."
- "putting out the word about Best Bully /Goon Squad all over the internet! Twitter, Face book, Consumer report, FTC, BBB, on and on! Bought a computer from Best Buy for..."
- "I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen..."
- "I have purchased the same KEEN brand summer shoes two times in the past and have enjoyed them and used them until the bottoms were worn smooth. The third pair..."
- "On 10/24/2010 at 2:39:00 pm, I placed my order online for the following: Items: Copper Mailbox - Large, SKU: GD-252, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $319.00, Item Total : $319.00;..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "My product was crushed and busted and does not work i would like another one please..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."