I recently bought a brand new laptop from Best Buy. About a week after I took it home, the screen started having issues, it would go completely static for no reason. I took it back and got a new machine. Then, THAT brand new machine started shutting down up to 10 times a day, even after I took great care of it. I took it back, they said since I can no longer replace it for a new machine they would fix it for free, as I was still on the warranty.
Weeks went by and I called about the status. Turns out they couldn't fix it and sent it to ANOTHER Geek Squad. Another week passes and they call me...telling me that there's a SOUND problem that costs 200$ to fix!! "Oh, but we replaced your keyboard!" Woo-hoo, you replaced my keyboard on a NEW machine! I took the computer back, which had no sound, and got the sound back with my uncle's help, who works with computers. The keyboard is new but is sticking up on the side with the paint around the edges chipped from where they dug into it.
NEVER let Geek Squad touch your computer, ever! Not only will they damage your machine, they will charge YOU, even if its a brand new machine. Don't make the same mistake I did.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Laptop Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Ordered Xtream Media Server Pro-3800 Dec 23rd 2009 was told server would arrive Dec 29th 2009-Never showed! Januray 12th a Dirty, Used,dented server without owners manual, covered in greasy finger..."
- "I spent 100,000 pesos ($over 2000 USD) buying a laptop with a one year parts and labor warranty. After 11 months the screen broke. I sent Lazada almost..."
- "I have purchased the same KEEN brand summer shoes two times in the past and have enjoyed them and used them until the bottoms were worn smooth. The third pair..."
- "On 10/24/2010 at 2:39:00 pm, I placed my order online for the following: Items: Copper Mailbox - Large, SKU: GD-252, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $319.00, Item Total : $319.00;..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "I purchased Conspiration Pilote Canvas sunglasses from Louis Vuitton store. After carefully wearing little more than 100 times center bar canvas leather broke and fell out. Went to..."
- "NAME: Check People, LLC. ACCREDITED BUSINESS: NO CONTACT: Ethan Rodriguez ADDRESS: Check People advertises free people search, or $1.00 reverse phone lookup, I thought good price like an ***, utilized..."