I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 at the Best Buy in Aventura, FL not more than 3 or 4 months ago. The salesperson sold me on their extended protection plan by Geek Squad and assured me that it was superior to any type of other handset insurance option. He also said that it included nationwide protection, whereas I could literally walk into any Best Buy Geek Squad nationwide and walk out with a replacement handset the same day! I spent $99 for a 1 year protection plan, on top of the $600 I spent on the phone!
The phone has been giving me problems for the past few days so I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and sure enough, everything the salesperson assured me of turned out to be a lie. And the CRAZY thing about it was that the Geek Squad representative I spoke with even acknowledged that the salepeople there have a tendency to lie about the protection plans, thus forcing the Geek Squad people to deal with the aftermath of their lies!
Long story short, they told me to file a claim online and that I would have the replacement soon. Today I found out that, unlike other handset protection plans, Geek Squad ships out handsets by UPS GROUND service. So now I'm stuck with a non-working phone for at least another 4 or 5 days, and this is what I spent $99 on??? I could have stayed with my carrier's coverage for $7 per month and had overnight replacement!
It's just not right, and the fact that their employees even openly acknowledge the sales reps' propensity to mislead customers is completely awful. I got screwed...lesson learned. I will never again shop at Best Buy or use Geek Squad for anything! Shame on you guys...
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I was lied to
- I was scammed
- Reason of review:
- I was lied to by Best Buy salesperson
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Handset Replacement
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Placed my order at 1pm. Didn't receive it till 3pm. I open the food and the order was incorrect and the food arrived like it had been shaken all around...."
- "RENEE HAS CURSED ME OUT INSULTED ME RELIGIOUSLY AND RACIALLY WHILE SHE WAS UNDER PRESSURE OF LOSING CONTRACTS I HAVE TO ALSO SEEN HER GO THROUGH THE RESIDENTS PERSONAL BELONGINGS..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."