Got Scammed by Best Buy Geek Squad Phone Handset Protection
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 at the Best Buy in Aventura, FL not more than 3 or 4 months ago. The salesperson sold me on their extended protection plan by Geek Squad and assured me that it was superior to any type of other handset insurance option. He also said that it included nationwide protection, whereas I could literally walk into any Best Buy Geek Squad nationwide and walk out with a replacement handset the same day! I spent $99 for a 1 year protection plan, on top of the $600 I spent on the phone!
The phone has been giving me problems for the past few days so I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and sure enough, everything the salesperson assured me of turned out to be a lie. And the CRAZY thing about it was that the Geek Squad representative I spoke with even acknowledged that the salepeople there have a tendency to lie about the protection plans, thus forcing the Geek Squad people to deal with the aftermath of their lies!
Long story short, they told me to file a claim online and that I would have the replacement soon. Today I found out that, unlike other handset protection plans, Geek Squad ships out handsets by UPS GROUND service. So now I'm stuck with a non-working phone for at least another 4 or 5 days, and this is what I spent $99 on??? I could have stayed with my carrier's coverage for $7 per month and had overnight replacement!
It's just not right, and the fact that their employees even openly acknowledge the sales reps' propensity to mislead customers is completely awful. I got screwed...lesson learned. I will never again shop at Best Buy or use Geek Squad for anything! Shame on you guys...
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I was lied to
- I was scammed
- Reason of review:
- I was lied to by Best Buy salesperson
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Handset Replacement
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I shipped my Lenovo laptop through geek squad at local Best Buy store in Amherst, NY on 22nd of June 2016. I was getting online updates about the repair status..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."