100% full Not resolved

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5 at the Best Buy in Aventura, FL not more than 3 or 4 months ago. The salesperson sold me on their extended protection plan by Geek Squad and assured me that it was superior to any type of other handset insurance option. He also said that it included nationwide protection, whereas I could literally walk into any Best Buy Geek Squad nationwide and walk out with a replacement handset the same day! I spent $99 for a 1 year protection plan, on top of the $600 I spent on the phone!

Related: Geek Squad - Usually Decent, Sometime HORRENDOUS

The phone has been giving me problems for the past few days so I went to my local Best Buy yesterday and sure enough, everything the salesperson assured me of turned out to be a lie. And the CRAZY thing about it was that the Geek Squad representative I spoke with even acknowledged that the salepeople there have a tendency to lie about the protection plans, thus forcing the Geek Squad people to deal with the aftermath of their lies!

Long story short, they told me to file a claim online and that I would have the replacement soon. Today I found out that, unlike other handset protection plans, Geek Squad ships out handsets by UPS GROUND service. So now I'm stuck with a non-working phone for at least another 4 or 5 days, and this is what I spent $99 on??? I could have stayed with my carrier's coverage for $7 per month and had overnight replacement!

It's just not right, and the fact that their employees even openly acknowledge the sales reps' propensity to mislead customers is completely awful. I got screwed...lesson learned. I will never again shop at Best Buy or use Geek Squad for anything! Shame on you guys...

Review about: Handset Replacement.

I didn't like: I was lied to, I was scammed.

Usability
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Geek Squad Protection Plan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss I was lied to by Best Buy salesperson / $99
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Geek Squad?

Comments

Hollywood, Florida, United States #992270

It's true, the geek squad protection plans are nothing more than additional revenue streams for Best Buy and offer very minimal added support or assurance for the consumer.