Spring Hill, Florida
2.9

How can easily explain this incident, let me try....I bought a TV within the last year that developed a line across the screen. I went to customer service to ask the procedure and was told to bring it in and the Geek Squad representative would take it in and they would inspect and either fix or reimburse.

I went to the car loaded and brought in and stood in line while the tech waited on a lady with a laptop and allowed another customer to butt in and continued to ignore me. After 20 minutes the Geek supervisor informed me to turn in the TV for warranty I would have to make an appointment or wait for the tech to be available and that would be several hours, no walkup counter, I inquired how to make an appointment and was told to wait for the tech and as soon as he was available he would make the appointment??? the same one I would wait for to take the warranty request is the same one I had to wait for to give me an appointment for the warranty request??? ps.

the Manager was very arrogant and definitely displayed his God complex. Very rude. I came home and called to complain and after waiting the total of 2.5 hours on the three phone calls on 3 holds, I was informed that Best Buy could not warranty and that I would have contact the manufacturer. I asked her after all this time on the phone and at the store and everyone stating that Best Buy would take care of the procedure, it boiled down to Best Buy was going to do nothing.

She then threatened to disconnect the call if I continued to talk this way. ( and no i was not cursing, yelling or even raising my voice) I explained that I was not intentionally trying to be confrontational but just wanted her to confirm that Best Buy was going to do nothing? She threatened to disconnect.

I hung up.

I have been to the store in Springhill Florida on numerous occasions, I am an Elite Level Member and I have always left totally frustrated when having to deal with the Geek Squad at this store. Service after the sale is just as important as the sale, someone needs to explain to the service department they are the maintenance of future customers not devices.

It is strange that big stores are crying about losing business to Internet sales and with everything I have bought on line I have never been given such a run around and treated with such disrespect as I have with Geek Squad.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Tv Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Machele

Since you purchased the telly within the past year, I assume BB was under the impression that you had to contact the manufacturer first as it was still under the manufacturer's warranty. Thus, you are supposed to contact the manufacturer and go from there.

However, given the sad state of most manufacturer's customer service, good luck on that, but who knows?

Best to buy a basic model of anything and when it breaks, just throw it out and buy another. I haven't been in, nor purchased anything from Best Buy for at least a decade as I, too got tired of the loud noise coming from their speakers; the rude personnel; and the lack of knowledge about the products they were trying to sell by the employees.

Geek Squad Reviews