I felt like a sucker buying a windows 8.1 dell computer.

what the geek team... or what they'r called took the anti virus out of the windows 8.1 which is supposed to come free with it. than what they did is not tell me any thing about anti virus knowing it's supposed to come with it then the second day I see it has a failure virus. the same day, we went to return the computer but best buy refused to give the money back. They said you didn't pay for antivirus so we can't fix it. We paid $ 100 to fix the computer and that's only for one year.

best buy ?

nope, worst buy is the answer

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Geek Squad. The most disappointing about antivirus from Geek Squad was bad customer service, i was lied to and rude customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Geek Squad.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare Geek Squad to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Geek Squad?

Comments

Jpcp131364

The antivirus that comes with any PC is only good for 30 days before you have to purchase one.The programs cost only 30 dollars a year Norton Security which I have used for many years has been great although none of the programs will protect against all viruses since among hackers it is a game to develop a new virus.

Besides even if one is removed by existing software there is no guarantee it will not reappear in a couple days!

Most stores will not attempt to remove the virus for the above reason.

The best method is to have data stored on a second HD.I have both my c drive and D drive cloned.